Sermon Recap - March 1, 2015 - Ephesians Week 2 - Pastor Matt Crawford
1. In Ephesians 3, Paul writes about the mystery of the faith that he is sent to preach to the Gentiles.
2. Paul tells us that we know the mystery because it has now been revealed through Jesus Christ.
3. We see God's plan to have mercy on sinners and justify us before himself in the life, death, and resurrection of Christ.
4. Now that the mystery of grace has been revealed in Christ, the rest of the world should know it by how we live as believers and followers of Christ.
5. Ephesians 3:8-13 shows us 3 aspects of God's divine plan to send Christ to Earth:
a. Jesus accomplished God's eternal plan
-God's grace is on display in that he knew that we would rebel against Him, yet he chose to create us and send Jesus to save us.
b. Jesus offers confident access to God
-Anyone who knows Christ as Savior has equal and direct access to God through prayer.
c. Jesus' sacrifice changes our perspective on suffering
-Faithfulness in the midst of suffering leads to the glory of God.
-Affliction in this life pales in comparison to the eternal weight of God's glory that he is working out through His gospel.