1. Every Christian is given gifts and abilities by God to grow and contribute to the body of Christ in unity.
2. We all start as children in the Christian life.
3. Children eventually and hopefully grow up. In the same way, we as believers are meant to grow in our faith.
4. Paul writes that Christians are to be steady and consistent in living out their faith, not being tossed around by circumstances or swayed by false teaching.
5. Growth takes effort. Our knowledge of the gospel should produce an effort in us to grow.
6. We cannot earn God's forgiveness and favor by our efforts, but we are called to work out our salvation.
7. God grows His children by the work of the Holy Spirit and the power of Jesus Christ.
8. We must continue to return to the news of the gospel and the truth of God's Word to mature and grow.
9. Conversion to Christianity is not an end, but a beginning for all new believers.
10. It is never too late to start growing in Christ.