1. Jesus Christ was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification (Romans 4:25)
2. Easter is a big deal in many of our minds, but we must understand why.
3. If Easter is simply about keeping up a religious or social image, it is worthless to us.
4. God isn't interested in what we think we have accomplished, but rather in what we do with our understanding of Jesus.
5. No matter what our next good work is, it can't make up for the fact that we have sinned against God.
6. Separation from God existed throughout human history, and it continues today. But God had a plan to defeat sin's separation and death through Jesus Christ.
7. God had to make the highest demands of us because He is a holy God and cannot be in the presence of sin.
8. In God's loving mercy, He not only made demands of us but also met those demands through His Son.
9. The cross is where God's mercy and justice meet head on, with no contradiction.
10. God's standard for His creation is perfection. Our standard is to fall short of perfection. Jesus met this standard for us. He rose from the grave, and brings us to life in Him.