1. As Christians, we are not forgiven randomly for our sins. We are forgiven because of Jesus Christ.
2. We are able to forgive and show grace to others when we understand how much we have been forgiven in Christ.
3. When we envy and become bitter, we are believing that God is better toward other people than He is to us.
4. Bitterness is about belief long before it is about action.
5. When we have bitterness, we do not believe in the grace of God and His providence.
6. Bitterness is a grudging attitude that doesn't desire the best in others.
7. To be free of bitterness and resentment, we must remember who we are in Christ.
8. It is impossible to forgive someone to whom you feel superior.
9. When we refuse to forgive, we are forgetting what we have been given in Christ.
10. As followers of Christ who are forgiven, we are called to make sure no root of bitterness springs up among fellow believers by showing grace and forgiving others.