Sermon Recap - March 8, 2015 - Ephesians Week 10 - Dean Inserra
1. Paul prays before God for spiritual power and strength for the Ephesians.
2. Paul acknowledges the Trinity: He prays to God the Father, for hearts to be changed by the Holy Spirit, so that Christ the Messiah may dwell in the hearts of the Ephesians.
3. God does this work in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, to lead us to faith in Him.
4. When we don't believe that God changes hearts, we go to drastic measures to try to do things on our own.
5. Paul prays 4 specific things for these believers:
a. To be rooted and established in love (v. 17)
b. To comprehend the depth of God's love (v. 18)
c. To know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge (v. 19)
d. To be filled with the Spirit and fullness of God (v. 19)
6. The love of God is so big that it takes the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit to help us comprehend it.
7. Christians are to praise God for His unlimited ability to love us, hear our prayers, and change our hearts.
8. Even faith itself is an act of God's grace that allows us to come to Him.
9. As people of God, we are meant to be a living demonstration of God's glory.
10. We cannot add to God's glory, but we are called to praise Him for who He is and what He has already done, and give Him the glory that belongs to Him.